The term "work-style reform," which often appears in newspapers on a daily basis, refers to a reform that embarks on concepts related to "working" in Japan, such as the Japanese corporate culture and Japanese lifestyle . Against a backdrop of pursuing a diverse and flexible working style according to the intention, ability, and circumstances of the individual and not simply on sheer hard work and determination (however, this is personally preferred), there is a reality where external factors, such as the falling birth-rate and aging population, and internal factors, such as personnel management systems, are not being interlinked.
Have you heard of the 80/20 rule? It is a rule of thumb discovered by Italian economist Wilfredo Pareto that states that 80% of the entire lot is generated by the remaining 20%. In particular, the following shows why it is important to recognize the 20%.
- 80% of sales are generated by 20% of employees.
- 80% of sales are accounted for by 20% of customers.
- 80% of sales account for 20% of all products.
- 80% of sales are generated in 20% of total time.
In particular, "time" is an equal resource for anyone, and this teaches the importance of not blindly forge ahead with full power, but rather work with sharpness. Please check out the several books that have been written about this, which can be applied to other situations besides business. Moreover, please do not forget that 20% of people own 80% of the wealth.