Dr. Tamura received a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Tokyo, an M.A. from the University of Tokyo, and an M.Sc. in Economics from the London School of Economics and Political Science. He served at the Institute of Innovation Research at Hitotsubashi University, and at the Graduate School and Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences at Kyoto University, before joining NUCB Business School in 2017. His research interests include economics, medical economics, and industrial organization and he has led a number of government funded research projects regarding healthcare policies.
Economics, Health Economics, Industrial Organization
Ph.D., The University of Tokyo
Awards & Honours
- (2021) Outstanding Teaching Award 2020. Kurimoto Educational Institute
- (2021) Teaching Award 2020. Kurimoto Educational Institute
- (2019) Teaching Awards 2018. NUCB
- (2018) NUCB Teaching Award / Teaching Award / Kurimoto Educational Institute. NUCB
- Masaoki Tamura (2021) The Global Financial Crisis and Healthcare Inequality in Japan. Social Indicators Research
- Masaoki Tamura (2019) On Otaki’s Keynesian Macroeconomic Model. Theoretical Economics Letters 9 (1)
- Masaoki Tamura (2018) A Signaling Explanation for Political Parties and Advertisements. Theoretical Economics Letters Vol. 8 (No. 2) :2162-2078
- Masaoki Tamura (2017) Prize Promotions as Costless Commitments. Managerial and Decision Economics 38 (4)
- (2018) The Effects of Self-pay Ratio on Healthcare Inequality. Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Primary Researcher
- (2018) Healthcare Policy on Type 1 Diabetes. Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Co-researcher
Book & Case Publishing
- Masaoki Tamura (2020) Merton Truck Co..
- Masaoki Tamura (2020) Cambridge Software Corp..
- Masaoki Tamura (2020) Strategic Capital Management, LLC (A).
- Masaoki Tamura (2020) Strategic Capital Management, LLC (B).
- Masaoki Tamura (2020) Strategic Capital Management, LLC (C).
- Tamura, Masaoki (2018) Economic Signals. Springer
- Mayumi Mochiduki (2017) Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics. Nakayama Shoten
- Masayuki Otaki, Susumu Cato (2017) Lessons from Keynes and His Contemporary Writers: A Guide to Rethinking a Time of Crisis. University of Tokyo Press