This course teaches practical negotiation skills. Negotiation among organizations or within the organization is an activity for making decisions, setting strategies, building alliances, and solving problems. Business people need a suite of skills from preparation to interaction and follow up in order to gain the benefits of good negotiation. Benefits means capturing and creating value as well as improving relationships and within and among organizations. Emphasis is placed on soft skills, however students are expected to apply analytical skills as needed to the cases provided. Cases in this course include business situations likely to be faced by the members of the class.
This course is taught by the case method, which allows students to develop problem-solving and problem-finding skills through reliving the management case examples and real events in existing companies from their own perspectives. The Participant Centered Learning involving discussions among students and role-plays provides students with effective and rich learning experiences, through which we aim to broaden the students’ vision and understanding of the world as business professionals while teaching them necessary knowledge in business.
締切：Deadline Oct 19th(Fri)
1. use different negotiation strategies for different situations as appropriate, after careful analysis of the context and goals/interests of the parties;
2. differentiate between distributive and integrative negotiations;
3. identify the tactics in distributive and integrative negotiations;
4. use integrative approaches for value creation;
5. take into consideration the impact of repeat relationships in determining future negotiation strategy;
6. recognize the impact of personal and emotional style on negotiations;
7. give proper emphasis to negotiation planning;
8. use planning tools appropriately;
9. take actions to ensure a proper agreement is drafted when closing the negotiation;
10. recognize cross-cultural pitfalls in negotiations.
11. consider the important role of back table players/constituents in negotiations;
Powicki Inheritance (Baber original)
Intellectual Property Negotiation Between Mukashi Games And Pixie
HP and Autonomy (Baber original)
・Practical Business Negotiation, William W Baber, Chavi C-Y Fletcher-Chen, 2015, Routledge
・The Mind and Heart of the Negotiator, Thompson
・Bare Knuckle Negotiating, Hazeldine
・3D Negotiation, Lax & Sebenius