- Founded in 1990
- 1st business school in Japan with Triple accreditation from AACSB International (2006), AMBA (2009) and EQUIS (2021)
- Domestically accredited by the Japan University Accreditation Association (JUAA)
- Membership with AAPBS (Association of Asia-Pacific Business Schools), the EFMD Management Development Network, EMBAC (Executive MBA Council), GBSN (Global Business School Network ), and PRME (Principle for Responsible Management Education)
- 3 campuses (Nagoya/Tokyo/Osaka)
- 72 faculty members
- 15 full-time and 4 part-time administrative staff members
- MBA (English track) and MSc in Management (English track) - 100% taught in English
- International partner universities
- 179 partners in 59 countries with 90% having one or more accreditations by AACSB, AMBA or EQUIS
- Double Degree programs with 13 top B-schools
- Welcoming an average of 200 international students from nearly 40 countries each year
- Study Tours - over the past 5 years 541 EMBA- and MBA-seeking students from 14 partner institutions, including the Alberta Business School, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, the ESADE Business School, the Indian School of Business, the National University of Singapore, the University of Baltimore, and the University of Stellenbosch have attended study tours hosted by NUCB Business School.
- 5 degree programs
- Executive education program
|Executive MBA||Japanese||AACSB & AMBA & EQUIS||QS #15 in Asia (#1 Japan)|
|MBA||Japanese / English||QS #17 in Asia (#1 Japan)|
|MSc in Management||English||AACSB & EQUIS||QS #11 in Asia (#1 Japan)|
|MSc in Accounting||Japanese|
|MSc in Taxation||Japanese|
|Executive Education||Japanese / English|
- Leader in case method education in Japan.
- Involved in highly evaluated consulting projects in collaboration with a variety of companies and professional organizations.
- A range of courses that are designed to develop the practical skills and knowledge of working professionals.
- 510 students
- Students hold high-level degrees, including doctorates, and work for globally recognized companies listed in the Fortune 500 and FT Global 500.
- Many students have extensive managerial experience across various industries.
|Year of Enrollment||# of New Enrollments||# of Graduates||# of Int'l Students|
- 41 full-time faculty members from 7 countries
- 83% of faculty hold a Ph.D.
- 15 visiting faculty
- 16 adjunct faculty
- A large number of faculty members have received training in case method pedagogy at Harvard Business School and Ivey Business School, with ongoing opportunities for training and professional development.
- Many faculty members have extensive business experience with domestic and international companies and are proactive in using new technologies
- 4 research centers
- Center for Case Teaching & Learning
- Center for Entrepreneurs
- Center for Family Business
- Center for Strategic Management
- Case Center Japan
- Over 150 peer-reviewed articles published over the last 5 years
- Over 40 books published over the last 5 years
- Nearly 200 case studies published over the last five years
- 58.3% acceptance ratio in Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (*national average: 27.4%)
- Strong working relationships with corporate leaders in research and consultancy collaborative projects.
- Leader in business education in Japan by translating excellent English cases into Japanese in collaboration with overseas partner case centers of CCJ.
Principal international clients:
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Kintetsu World Express, Inc. (KWE)
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- NGK Group
- Novartis International AG
- Ricoh Co, Ltd.
Ethics, Responsibility and Sustainability
- A program portfolio that incorporates our experiential knowledge from collaborative activities with companies world-renown for sustainable business practices.
- Sharing the findings from these ERS collaborations with PRME as well as learning from their sustainability principles.
- Collaborations with companies that make significant contributions to the development of sustainable business practices, particularly in regional areas of Japan.
- 2,796 alumni across the world
- More than 10 alumni networks that stimulate innovation and make a positive impact on local and global business communities.