Dr. Hui is an Associate Professor in the area of management at NUCB Business School. He obtained his Doctor of Philosophy (Organizational Behavior and Management) from City University of Hong Kong. Prior to joining NUCB Business School, he taught in five different universities in Hong Kong and Macau, including the City University of Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, University of Macau, Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, and Open University of Hong Kong. He has extensive experiences in delivering Business Management and Human Resource Management (HRM) courses, in English, at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. His academic interests include leadership, employee coaching, HRM, work motivation, and employee adaptation in organizational contexts. His research work has been published in numerous international refereed journals, such as Journal of Organizational Behavior, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Australian Journal of Management, and Career Development International.
Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, Employee Learning and Development
Ph.D., City University of Hong Kong
Awards & Honours
- (2020) 2020 Emerald Literati Award- Outstanding Paper (in Career Development International). Emerald Publishing and Career Development International
- Tak-Yin Hui (2021) Work-life balance of Chinese knowledge workers under flextime arrangement: the relationship of work-life balance supportive culture and work-life spillover. Asian Journal of Business Ethics 10 (1) :2210-6723
- Tak-Yin Hui (2021) Online or Offline? Coaching media as mediator of the relationship between coaching style and employee work-related outcomes. Australian Journal of Management :0312-8962
- Tak-Yin Hui (2020) Disability employment in the hotel industry: Evidence from the employees’ perspective. Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality & Tourism 19 (4) :15332845
- Tak-Yin Hui (2019) Performing versus adapting: how leader’s coaching style matters in Hong Kong. International Journal of Human Resource Management :09585192
- Tak-Yin Hui (2019) A resource-based perspective on work-family conflict: An updated meta-analysis. Career Development International :13620436
- Tak-Yin Hui (2018) Outsourcing in-house food operation in a hotel organization in Hong Kong. International Journal of Services, Economics and Management 9 (1) :17530822
- Tak-Yin Hui (2018) Variations in coaching style and their impact on subordinates’ work outcomes. Journal of Organizational Behavior 39 (5) :10991379
- (2021) A Study of E-coaching and Work Performances under the New Normal: The Relational-cognitive Mechanism of Leader-member Exchange and Self-efficacy. Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Primary Researcher
Book & Case Publishing
- V. P., Lau, T.W.Y., Man., & A., Wong (2019) Ten ways of transforming the management: Change and innovation of Hong Kong corporations. Infolink Publishing Ltd.